On January 1st 2017 I posted about my New Year’s Resolutions, and with the year almost over, I wanted to see how far I’ve come with the promises I made to myself.
Shamelessly and unselfishly, I focused on putting myself first and did all the things that make me happy.
- I pushed with my writing, even though at times it was so hard, and managed to get my book into its second draft
- I also learnt that sometimes it’s alright to dislike your writing and all it stands for, and when this happens, listen. It’s your body and mind telling you that it needs some time to recharge and to remember what it really loves
- I grew (not in height, unfortunately) with my family and my boyfriend. I think this year I became a little bit more adult
- I saved and I explored!
(If you haven’t already, take a look at my posts about Cornwall and Ireland, two very special experiences which were too wonderful to do them the full justice they deserved)
- I brought a Polaroid camera and took SO MANY nature photos!
Granted, not every moment was perfect, some moments very far from it, but that’s life and I’ve made peace with it and I’m excited for what the New Year brings!
Because you know what, there’s already so much to look forward to in 2018:
- I’m going to my first book launch
- Me and my boyfriend are seeing Imagine Dragons at the O2
- I’m going to be 21
- There are A LOT of amazing YA fantasy books coming out
- I’m doing a 3 week internship/travel project in Edinburgh
Thank you 2017! Stay posted for my 2018 resolutions…
Copyright: Laura Davis © 2017, all rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: This image does not belong to me and can be found here https://journal.thriveglobal.com/why-you-should-harness-the-power-of-reflection-4a8f6d7710d4